TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Schedule and Fees
- A Client may schedule a 15-minute Conversation or 30-minute Individual Coaching session with the Coach. The initial session will be provided free of charge. Free sessions are limited to one session per Client.
- Should Client and Coach agree to continue with further sessions, a Coaching Agreement will be compiled for approval and signature by both parties. The Coaching Agreement shall detail the period of the contract, number of sessions and cost per session. Coaching fees are payable monthly in advance. Contracted sessions shall be 50 minutes in length.
The time and/or location of the coaching sessions will be determined by Coach and Client based on a mutually agreed upon time. The Client will call into the Zoom meeting room as indicated in the invitation.
- Coach agrees to maintain the ethics and standards of behaviour established by the International Coach Federation “(ICF)” (org/ethics). It is recommended that the Client review the ICF Code of Ethics and the applicable standards of behaviour.
- Client is solely responsible for creating and implementing his/her own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results arising out of or resulting from the coaching relationship and his/her coaching calls and interactions with the Coach. As such, the Client agrees that the Coach is not and will not be liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Coach. Client understands coaching is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy if needed, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease.
- Client further acknowledges that he/she may terminate or discontinue the coaching relationship at any time.
- Client acknowledges that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve different areas of his or her life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education and recreation. The Client agrees that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate coaching principles into those areas and implementing choices is exclusively the Client’s responsibility.
- Client acknowledges that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association and that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical or other qualified professionals and that it is the Client’s exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance as needed. If Client is currently under the care of a mental health professional, it is recommended that the Client promptly inform the mental health care provider of the nature and extent of the coaching relationship agreed upon by the Client and the Coach.
- The Client understands that in order to enhance the coaching relationship, the Client agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and to create the time and energy to participate fully in the program.
This coaching relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that the Client shares with the Coach as part of this relationship, is bound by the principles of confidentiality set forth in the ICF Code of Ethics. However, please be aware that the Coach-Client relationship is not considered a legally confidential relationship (like the medical and legal professions) and thus communications are not subject to the protection of any legally recognized privilege. The Coach agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to the Client without the Client’s written consent. The Coach will not disclose the Client’s name as a reference without the Client’s consent.
Confidential Information does not include information that: (a) was in the Coach’s possession prior to its being furnished by the Client; (b) is generally known to the public or in the Client’s industry; (c) is obtained by the Coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the Client; (d) is independently developed by the Coach without use of or reference to the Client’s confidential information; or (e) the Coach is required by statute, lawfully issued subpoena, or by court order to disclose; (f) is disclosed to the Coach and as a result of such disclosure the Coach reasonably believes there to be an imminent or likely risk of danger or harm to the Client or others; and (g) involves illegal activity. The Client also acknowledges his or her continuing obligation to raise any confidentiality questions or concerns with the Coach in a timely manner.
It is the Client’s responsibility to notify the Coach 24 hours in advance of the scheduled calls/meetings. Coach reserves the right to bill Client for a missed meeting. Coach will attempt in good faith to reschedule the missed meeting.